Painter, illustrator, designer - Natasha Wescoat, was born in January of 1982 in Bay City, Michigan.
Art is the heritage of Michigan native, Natasha Wescoat, who comes from a family of artists, including the famous painter Georgia O’Keefe. Her other inspirations have been Gustav Klimt, Takashi Murakami and Tim Burton. Wescoat’s childhood, surrounded by geeks and crime fighting was what birthed her obsession for comic books and drawing. That love for the fantastical worlds of superheroes at a young age drew her to become a professional artist.Known for her whimsical landscapes and the popular, award-winning series, “Jeweled Trees”. Since 2004, 1000 of Wescoat’s original works hang in private and corporate collections worldwide. Now her colorful landscapes feature whimsical creatures and young women in fantasy themes.
Natasha’s work has been seen on A&E Channel, NBC News, ABC’s Extreme Makeover Home Edition, Lifetime Channel, the Ritz-Carlton gallery in Los Angeles, Leo Laporte’s TWiT, Ford, Pete Wentz of Fall Out Boy, Barnes & Noble, Borders and Bed Bath & Beyond.
“I’m inspired by the lighter side of life. Through trying times, I’ve found myself coping through art and through creating things that made me happier. Brighter subjects that brought me back to life. Now, through my work I hope to be able to do that for others. I want the viewer to feel the movement, energy, and life coming from the artwork. I want my art to force people to smile again. We all need a little sweetness. A pick-me-up when the world gets too heavy. We can’t be serious all the time. ”— Natasha Wescoat.
SELECTED SOLO EXHIBITIONS/APPEARANCES
2010 Dukes Malibu – Malibu, CA, Angela Shelton Foundation Rebel Dance Party
2010 Roger Smith Hotel – NYC, NY
2009 Bedlam Coffee – Seattle, WA, “Create Live Seattle”
2009 111 Minna Gallery – San Francisco, CA, “Create Live SF”
2009 Liberty Market – Gilbert, AZ, “Create Live AZ I”
2009 Ritz-Carlton Gallery, Los Angeles, CA, “Black Card Circle”
2009 Mansion – NYC, NY
2009 Horizon Lounge – San Francisco, CA
2009 740 Club – Los Angeles, CA
2008 Platinum Paws Boutique, Stoneham, MA, “Puppy Pop”
2007 Metaphors Gallery, Arlington Hts, IL
2006 Studio 23, Bay City, Michigan, “BLACK AND WHITE”
2004 The Vault, Standish, MI
2004 Espresso Royale’ Cafe’, Ann Arbor, MI
SELECTED GROUP EXHIBITIONS
2007 Thinkspace Gallery, Los Angeles, CA, “Picks of the Harvest: Batch Four”
2006 EBSQ online group show, “Plein Air”
2006 EBSQ online group show, “Equine Art Show”
2004 Espresso Royale’ Cafe, Ann Arbor, MI
2009 Interview with Natasha Wescoat on Hubspot
2009 Imagekind.com Talks with Natasha Wescoat
2009 Interview with Natasha Wescoat on KeithBurtis.com
2009 Natasha’s Panel Discussion with Scott Kirsner at SXSW 09′
2009 Interview with Zadi Diaz of Epic FU and PBS Engage – SXSW 09′
2009 Interview with Sarah Austin of Pop17.com
2009 Interview with Mark McGuinness of Lateral Action.com
2009 Interview with Leo Laporte on TwiT.tv
2007 Art Business News – Named Emerging artist and Trendsetter
Members Mention Award for “Iris Featherfoot”
ART.COM’s 1st Place Winner of “Landscapes” art show
* Natasha is an amazing artist whose whimsical and highly stylized paintings have made her an exemplary contributor to the world of modern art. Her attention to detail has garnered the attention of collectors across the world, and her clients are always pleased with her works. – Debra Weitzel, Senior Associate, Artist Services, Art.com, Inc.
* Natasha is a bright and talented artist as well as a wonderful person. I loved working with her because of her positive attitude and pleasant demeanor, and she consistently delivered quality work on time. Her determination and willingness to learn has brought her much success, and she certainly knows the ins and outs of the art industry better than most. She is an inspiration and a true gift. – Erika O’Connell, Editor, Artist’s & Graphic Designer’s Market, F+W Publications, Inc.
* “I am the owner of an “extraordinary interpretation” of an Abrakadoodle in Denver CO. I teach a “Kids on Canvas” class using acrylics at a number of community centers. A month or two ago, one of my youngest students skipped into her Thursday night class “beaming” because she received a reply to her email from “Natasha Wescoat”. The little girl (and her mother) were VERY EXCITED to hear from you. She was very encouraged by your remarks. The “Natasha Wescoat” doodle remains one of our program favorites … all have excellent creative interpretations following your inspiration. Thanks for all that you do. – Lynette Guenther Executive Director – Abrakadoodle Art Education
* “I bought a painting from Natasha last year and have become a big fan of her as a result. Not only was she very professional and organized in selling and shipping the painting, but her art is absolutely beautiful. She has serious business smarts and knows how to keep her customers coming back for more. Most importantly, she does a beautiful job of imparting her love of art to her clients.” – Laura Nathan
* I found Natasha’s work online and was amazed at her creative brilliance. I asked her to do some original paintings for me and she was fair and personable throughout. I’d recommend Natasha for original, breathtaking work of a colorful fantasy world that usually lives only in ones imagination. -Donna Robertson
* “I randomly discovered Natasha’s artwork online and was blown away. I knew that her paintings would be absolutely perfect to display in my new store. They are whimsical, colorful and brighten up the entire room. And Natasha was great to work with!” – Stefania Mitrano, Owner, Platinum Paws Boutique
* “I love Natasha’s art…it’s joyous, solar, funny, very coloured….in few words…fantastic! ” – Claudio Parentela
* “Natasha artwork is amazing! I own several paintings! However, not only is her artwork outstanding, but her business etiquette is superb! Her paintings arrive in a timely manner and they are wrapped well! I would 100% recommend her to anyone looking for artwork! I’ll be a lifelong customer!” – Marie Wadford
* “Natasha has a very organized business and is very smart with making art affordable by selling prints in small sizes. Her art is beautiful and creative. She is a great motivator and an inspiration to other artists as well.” – Michele Dodds
* “Oh – your work is breathtaking and mystical! It makes want to dream with my eyes open! Not to get personal but I thought a person with that kind of talent and skills, made me think that you were at least 60 years old. It’s amazing that to be so young with such talent is a special gift not talent- honey, you are a natural!” – Kimberly Frazier-Waters